Day 2 at Rajasthan Fashion Week, a fashion extravaganza started by Mr. Shishupal Singh-Chairman, RFW and Mr. Sharad Patel-Vice Chairman.
Show 1 by Poonam Patel and Swati Modo was a huge success:
- Ms. Poonam Patel showcased an Indowestern collection with big motifs and a wide range a outfits ranging from semi stitched dresses, tunics , kurta, sarees ,chaniya-choli, bridal wear.
Rohit Verma was the showstopper for her opening show on the second day of Rajasthan Fashion Week.
- Swati Modo: Her collection was the Juxet Post inspired by Wangoghera, a mix of intellectual materials like metal wires, leather and amber.
- Designer Surbhi Shah had supermodel Jesse Randhawa walking the ramp for her. The look Surbhi gave to Jesse was a very ethnic inspired by the royal Rajasthan. She was draped in a bright Rajasthani colourful Gota Patti lehenga.
Surbhi Shah’s collection was a mixture of intricate Gotapatti work in an effort to revive the colourful Rajasthan.
- Bhartendu Sami: His was a summer collection inspired by the indo western styles. Jesse wearing an Anarkali dress rocked the ramp through her charm.
- Pam Mehta: Ace Designer Pam Mehta showcased a ‘Floral Fiesta’, a collection wherein ‘Relaxed Couture comes to life. The collection was a amazingly vibrant, colourful embellishied with zari, resham and swarvoski. with predraped saris and sari gowns,it was a very unique concept in itself. The highlights of the collection were interesting head gears.
The gorgeous Riya Sen was her showstopper for the designer. Pam draped Riya in a eight kali prestiched lehenga sari in turquoise and gold. She wanted to potray Riya as a contemporary bride.
- Sumit Dasgupta: His collection was inspired by Chandragupta which potrayed the ancient Maurya’s era.
- Zari: She captured the elegance lnia’s vibrant culture, regal legacy in unique craftsmanship. The entire collection reveled the finest texture of the Indian Textile .Delicately trimmed and emblished beautifully the weaves were feminine and fluid owing to fabrics that draped sensually.
- Rohit and Abhishek did the closing show. The designer duo showcased ‘The Dance of Life’ Collection, Rohit Kamra introduced a Vibrant summer collection with a new palette celebrating the different colors of Life. White represents eternity and dusty tones of Yellow Orange Green & Blue exude different moods one experiences. He designed a formal look of Bandhgalas, Achkans and Sherwanis coupled with Breeches, Patialas, Cowl and Harem pants for men. Androgyny comes into play with women carrying Jackets, Jodhpurs Long Skirts, representing their independent & intellectual persona, dancing to a new tune of Life. The show stopper for his show were Pankaj Singh, Ashok Maneria and Dikshant Yagnik from Rajasthan Royals.
Day 2 Designers Table and Showstoppers
|Show 1||Poonam Patel and Swati Modo+ students – Arpita||Rohit Verma|
|Show 2||Surbhi Shah+ Hetal+ Sunita||Jesse Randhawa for Surbhi Shah|
|Show 3||Bhartendu Sami||Jesse Randhawa|
|Show 4||Pam Mehta||Riya Sen|
|Show 5||Sumit Dasgupta||Amir Ali|
|Show 6||Rohit & Abhishek||Rajasthan Royals Team|