1. Her name was derived from Loe Tolstoy’s classic book ‘Anna Karenina’, which her mother read while she was pregnant with her. But her family and close friends call her Bebo.
2. Kapoor joined Mumbai’s Mithibai College to pursue a degree in commerce. She discontinued this course and switched to law. In between, she also enrolled into Harvard University for a three-month summer course in micro computers.
3. Kareena is a yoga fanatic and can do 50 surya namaskars in one go, also hold difficult poses for more than 30 seconds.
4. She believes in helping the underprivileged, she had auctioned her famous ‘Chammak Challo’ saree from the film Ra.One, whose proceeds went to a hospital whose endeavour has been to help visually challenged people. She had even given her high-end personal handbag for an auction, in association with an NGO Masoom.
5. She’s not a fan of Bipasha Basu, their rivalry dates back to ‘Ajnabee’ (2001) days. Reports claim the fight peaked when the Kapoor girl called Basu a “kaali billi” (black cat), alluding to her dusky complexion. Infact, rumour has it that she wasn’t thrilled about her fiancé Saif Ali Khan acting alongside Bipasha Basu in ‘Race 2’ in Turkey. Her discomfort increased because there were some rumours that indicate that Khan hooked up with Basu for an alleged fling during the shoot of the original Race. The alleged affair didn’t last long.
6. In 2008, Kapoor began the size-zero fad in Bollywood. Even at her thinnest (48 kilograms), she was not waif-like but showcased her new-found body in skimpy outfits in the movie ‘Tashan’.
7. She is known to have dated only two men: Shahid Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan. But rumour has it that her affair with Hrithik Roshan is the industry’s well-kept secret.
8. Kareena was the only one who was tormented by fake bomb pranks by Ajay Devgn during the shoot of ‘Golmaal Returns’. She was even scared to shoot with him during the leg of ‘Satyagrah’, where she was again cast opposite Ajay Devgn.
9. She has signed the dotted lines to become the brand ambassador is Mankind Pharma’s ‘PregaNews’. As the name suggests, ‘PregaNews’ is a leading home pregnancy test card that gives you the good news in just five minutes. And with Kareena due for her baby’s delivery, her association with ‘PregaNews’ just couldn’t have been more timely than now.
10. She extends her support for the Global Citizen movement and says she is a girl child and would love to have a girl. The actress shared some frivolous question that’s she is being bombarded with, disturbs her. “Wherever I go these days there is just one question asked which I think quite intrusive but, still I am asked both me and Saif whether it is a boy or is it a girl? Have you found out? And I am like excuse me what difference does it make. I am a girl child I would love to have a girl what is the difference. Probably I have done more for my parents than a son would,” Kareena Kapoor said at an event.