There is no better place than a porch for spending a lazy summer afternoon or evening. Catch a balmy breeze while sipping a cool drink or an ice cream. Create a relaxing ambiance by filling the space with intelligent decorating ideas and a comfortable seating option for the porch.
Here are some cool decorating ideas for your kind of porch because you always don’t need to spend lots of money to attain a beautiful look.
- From painting the ceiling to the wallpapers, these easy decorating ideas are the wow factor to welcome any guest in style.
- Consider Skylights- To provide more sunshine on gray days, like designer Tom Scheerer has decorated his porch by installing skylights.
- Fabric For the porch of a seaside- amazing decorating ideas can be applied here.
- Paint the Ceiling of the porch to give it a fresh look- Designer Paula Perlin and architect Mark Ferguson created this idyllic blue porch with the sky blue ceiling.
- Mix Modern and Traditional Furniture will be a unique decorating idea.
- Mix and Match the Seating – Dining chairs don’t have to be part of a matching set, table can be wooden where as chairs of metal would give your porch a different look.
- Add Curtains-To provide shade from the sun on hot days, install curtains on your porch. The cream-colored add an elegant touch to your porch.
- Hang a Mirror-This mirror makes the porch or any area of the house look elegant and stylish.
- Hang blinds and shades in your porch which are made of natural fabrics, such as rattan and bamboo, to protect yourself from summer heat, sun and rain or by use of chicks.
- Dress up your porch naturally with potted plants and flowers. No summer porch is complete without live fresh colored flowers.
- Decorate your summer porch with a theme. Choose a theme that reflects your personal interests and your style.
These decorating ideas can be interesting if you use them intelligently.