- The 56-year-old stage veteran was dressed in a full-length Armani cape, designed especially for the performance
- On the final step, dancers pulled Madonna’s cape from behind before she had time to fully untie it
- Star was left shocked and stunned after landing on her back and shoulders with a bang
- Dusted herself back off for second ascent up the steps and carried on to complete Living For Love track
- Sang lyrics including ‘I’m going to carry on’ and ‘Watch me stumble’
- Singer Taylor Swift and model Karlie Kloss left open-mouthed at the unfortunate blunder
- Madonna took to her social media account to assure concerned fans that she was ‘fine’ after the show
[contentblock id=1 img=adsense.png]
With the final, much-anticipated performance of the night singing Living For Love, Madonna failed to untie her cape in time for her dancers to rip it away as she took to the stage at London’s 02 Arena. The 56-year-old looked shocked – and briefly stopped singing – after she fell down a set of stairs, but picked herself back up and continued to the end.
[contentblock id=2 img=adsense.png]
Ironic lines including ‘pick me up’ and ‘I’m gonna carry on’ featured in the singer’s performance as she battled to the end in her elaborate matador-inspired costume. Karlie Kloss was seen turning to best friend Taylor Swift in the audience with a mortified look as onlookers watched the stage veteran tumble and then battle on with conviction.
Madonna appeared to land on her back with a bang after she fell down a flight of three steps mid-performance. She paused for around a minute where she couldn’t muster the strength to sing. But the singer dusted herself off, brushed over her hair and stood up to ascend the steps once again without her cape.
[contentblock id=3 img=adsense.png]
The veteran was no doubt disappointed by the incident because she was said to be ‘desperate to give the performance of her life’ as rehearsals piled on the pressure. A source told the Daily Mirror that the blonde bombshell was struggling to get through practise shows and was seen using a vaporiser to soothe her vocal cords to ease her vocal cords.
The source continued: ”She is putting all her efforts into putting on a great show. She is working every hour, day and night, to ensure it will be her part of the show that everyone will be talking and tweeting about.’