During winter season your skin starts feeling flaky and dry. This happens because of lack of moisture in the air, which makes your skin look dull and uneven. So, it becomes more important that you apply an extra layer moisturizer to keep your skin healthy and hydrated. In this article, we have shared some face masks to tackle dry skin this winter.
1. Honey and coconut oil mask for smooth skin
The combination of coconut oil and honey works like a magic for dry skin as both have antimicrobial and moisturizing properties.
Take a small bowl and mix 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
• Now, apply the mixture evenly on your face, hands, and neck.
• Then, let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
• Later, wash off your skin and pat dry.
2. Chocolate and honey mask to make your skin glow
Chocolate is loaded with the goodness of caffeine that can make your skin glow. And the fats present in chocolate makes your skin soft along with honey.
• Take 2 to 4 squares of dark chocolates and melt it.
• Now, add the melted chocolate in a cup.
• Then, add 1 teaspoon of honey to the melted chocolate and form a smooth paste.
• After that apply the paste to the face and neck area.
• Let it sit for 15 minutes.
• Later, rinse off your skin with warm water.
3. Almond oil and aloe vera mask for soft skin
Aloe vera is a perfect natural skin care ingredient that has moisturizing properties. The blend of aloe vera and honey works best for the dry skin.
• Take a small bowl and mix 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel with 1 teaspoon of honey.
• Form a nice paste and apply it to your face and other drier regions.
• After that leave it for half an hour.
• Later, wash off your skin with lukewarm water.
4. Banana and cream mask for treating dry skin
When rich cream is blended with the moisturizing properties of banana, it soothes your dry skin by making it smooth and supple.
• Take a ripe banana and mash it.
• Now, add 2 teaspoons of heavy cream to it.
• Mix them nicely to form a smooth paste.
• Apply the paste on your face.
• Then, let it sit for 20 minutes.
• Later, wash off your face.
5. Raw milk and honey mask for soothing irritated skin
Both raw milk and honey can work like wonder for your skin. Raw milk is very rich in calcium, antioxidants and vitamin A that helps in soothing and hydrating the skin. And honey acts as a natural humectant. In this mask, you can also use milk powder as an alternative to raw milk.
• Take a small bowl and mix 2 tablespoons of raw milk with 2 teaspoons of honey.
• Now, apply the mixture to your skin.
• Then, let it dry.
• After that, wash your skin.
6. Egg yolk and almond oil
Almond oil is best known for its moisturizing properties as it is a very rich source of vitamin E and other vital minerals and vitamins. And egg yolk is made up of fats which makes it an ideal ingredient to treat dry skin.
• Take a small bowl and mix an egg yolk with 2 teaspoons of almond oil.
• Now, apply the mixture to the dry areas.
• Then, let it sit for few minutes.
• After that, rinse off your skin.
7. Avocado and honey mask for nourishing skin
Avocado is very rich in natural oils that nourish your skin and honey keeps your skin moisturized.
• First, mash a ripe avocado.
• Now, add 2 teaspoons of honey to it and mix properly.
• Then, add few drops of vitamin E oil to the avocado-honey mixture.
• Mix until it forms a smooth paste.
• Apply the paste to the face and neck area.
• Let it sit for 25 minutes.
• Later, wash off your face and skin.