Recreate this chic cool-girl look the next time you go out with your girls with the help of this tutorial from makeup artist Lauren Cosenza, who breaks down exactly how to get this show-stopping smoky effect.
[contentblock id=1 img=adsense.png]
1. Create an even canvas. Using a stippling brush (which has synthetic bristles, so you don’t over-apply the formula, and natural bristles to help blend), apply your favorite foundation in circular motions, buffing it into your skin flawlessly.
2. Swirl blush onto your cheeks. With a blush brush, sweep a coral-colored blush that’s universally flattering on the apples of your cheeks up toward your temples.
3. Line your upper lashline with black eyeliner and then smudge it for a smoky effect. Choose a black liner like the one used here: Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner Pencil in “Black,” which comes equipped with a smudger on the opposite end.
[contentblock id=2 img=adsense.png]
Once you’ve lined your upper lashline, diffuse the line with the sponge tip up toward the crease of your eye, creating a subtle smoky effect.
4. Run a jade-colored liner along your lower lashline. This color is still in the darker color family, but gives your eye a fun pop of color that’s perfect for a night out.
5. Apply a pink hue over your lips. Balance your strong eye with a soft-colored lip crayon like the one used here.
Finally, take a selfie and then pin, Instagram, and tweet out a pic of your new sexy look!